|Title:||Media Communications Manager|
|Group:||Marketing, Communications, and Events|
Reporting to the Director, Media Communications, the Manager, Media Communications supports NAR’s media relations and outreach efforts to ensure that NAR is positioned as the most credible, trusted source of real estate information with major national, regional, and local media outlets, including in print, broadcast, and online/social media. This includes helping to develop NAR’s strategic communication plan and key messages. The manager will proactively pitch news stories and write news releases based on the association’s strategic plan and its business priorities. Proactively manage NAR’s brand and credibility and serve as one of the spokespersons for NAR with the media.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement and ensure effective, proactive and responsive media outreach strategies and tactics.
- Help develop NAR’s strategic communication plan and key messages.
- Write news releases, media advisories, online content and other materials.
- Build relationships with and provide support for local and state REALTOR® associations and Communication Directors to ensure that NAR’s messages and media communications are consistent across the REALTOR® association.
- Ensures Media Communications news coverage at major association meetings, including the legislative meetings and annual conferences.
- Writes news releases, media advisories, online content and other materials.
- Other duties, as assigned
- 5-8 years media relations experience.
- Experience with proactively pitching and placing story ideas in national and local media.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Ability and experience crafting news releases, media advisories, message documents/talking points, social media posts, Op-Eds and online content.
- Qualified candidates must have knowledge and experience in the execution of integrated communication outreach campaigns.
- Candidates must have the ability to maintain quality standards and meet deadlines under a heavy workload.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) is a team of professionals dedicated to providing world-class service to over 1.5 million REALTORS® working in the United States and around the world. The real estate industry is fast-paced and fast-changing--each year, our members participate in the sale, lease, and management of billions of dollars in real estate. As in every industry, our members’ value proposition is constantly being challenged by innovation.
It is our mission to help REALTORS® navigate that change and thrive in their careers. We cannot do that without the ideas, passion, and commitment from our talented employees. As our greatest assets, employees are offered their pick of competitive benefits/perks and flexible work options. NAR is certified as a Great Place to Work®. Our most successful employees are committed to our Core Values, which are:
Advancing Diversity and Inclusion