|Title:||Business Development Manager|
|Group:||Strategic Business Innovation & Technology|
NAR’s Strategic Alliances team is looking for a tenacious and creative Business Development Manager to bring the Association’s successful member benefits program to the next level. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for acquiring new strategic partnerships and fostering relationships with potential partners to explore long-term business opportunities. The ideal candidate has expertise in creating detailed RFPs, negotiating business terms, building relationships, achieving revenue goals, and collaborating on targeted communications strategies. This candidate is a “go-getter”- well spoken, proactive and leads with a collaborative, team-oriented approach.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as first point of contact within the Association for incoming business development opportunities;
- Prospect actively for new business opportunities; develop and present RFPs
- Develop long-term alliances that create meaningful benefits for NAR members and revenue for the Association.
- Partner with legal team to develop customized contracts, ensuring clear representation of business goals and deal terms
- Collaborate with team and potential partners on initial development of marketing and tactical plans
- Train Account Managers on implementation and commitment details of new contracts, ensuring smooth transition of accounts
- Conceptualize new business models and creative partnership approaches to increase program revenue and provide unique value to NAR members.
- Prepare competitive landscape to identify opportunities or gaps in program offerings
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- 5 years of experience working for a trade or alumni association to develop strategic business and affinity/marketing relationships strongly preferred
- Proven success in closing deals and driving revenue through marketing relationships with key industry players and Fortune 1000- level companies
- Natural relationship-builder; results-oriented and proactive with high attention to detail; ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment
- Ability to think in innovative ways to find solutions to obstacles
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office—Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Exceptional communication skills—verbal, written, and presentation; persuasive and poised in leading meetings with individuals at all levels within an organization
The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) is a team of professionals dedicated to providing world-class service to over 1 million REALTORS® working in the United States and around the world. The real estate industry is fast-paced and fast-changing--each year, our members participate in the sale, lease, and management of billions of dollars in real estate. As in every industry, our members’ value proposition is constantly being challenged by innovation.
It is our mission to help REALTORS® navigate that change and thrive in their careers. We cannot do that without the ideas, passion, and commitment from our talented employees. As our greatest assets, employees are offered their pick of competitive benefits/perks and flexible work options. Our most successful employees are committed to:
Helping others to grow and develop