Under the direct supervision of the Director of Association Technology Services, the Technical Trainer will be responsible for training all NAR Staff in different locations on the use of common and new software products to improve technical skills. The Technical Trainer will work to determine specific needs across various groups within the association and tailor training accordingly. Additionally, they will develop and schedule training curriculum as well as provide supporting documentation for future reference. A well-trained staff will be able to professionally grow and efficiently serve association members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify training needs for individuals and groups and adapt training style to meet the diverse needs of participants
- Train NAR Staff on the use of software pertinent to daily job responsibilities; determine delivery method (i.e., classroom, instructional video, etc.) based on audience and skill level
- Develop and maintain step-by-step tutorials for end-users to reference
- Troubleshoot and provide tier 1 end-user support related to software issues
- Provide tier one and tier two technical support for inquiries related to tools trained
- Create instructional videos and record training sessions for independent use
- Organize, prepare, schedule and conduct training sessions. Train users at their desks, in a classroom setting or virtually.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree and Professional Certifications. Current Microsoft Certified Trainers (MCT) preferred
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a trainer conducting classroom training for technology products and services
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Products including Outlook, Word, Excel, Office 365, OneDrive, Microsoft Windows. Slack, and Cisco WebEx familiarity is preferred
- Ability to create streamlined training documentation, instructional videos and maintain them
- Technical background and comfort with current technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, experienced at managing many efforts at the same time
- Knowledge of eLearning software and on-line training tools
- Ability to travel up to 15%
The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) is a team of professionals dedicated to providing world-class service to over 1 million REALTORS® working in the United States and around the world. The real estate industry is fast-paced and fast-changing--each year, our members participate in the sale, lease, and management of billions of dollars in real estate. As in every industry, our members’ value proposition is constantly being challenged by innovation.
It is our mission to help REALTORS® navigate that change and thrive in their careers. We cannot do that without the ideas, passion, and commitment from our talented employees. As our greatest assets, employees are offered their pick of competitive benefits/perks and flexible work options. Our most successful employees are committed to our Core Values, which are: