|Title:||Reference & Engagement Librarian|
|Group:||Legal Affairs and Member Experience|
Reporting to the Director, Library Operations & Information Strategy, you will champion our mission by providing excellent service in the areas of Library reference and research services, social media outreach and marketing, creation/production of original content including digital/other media, and other key services. This position will allow you to:
- Thrive in a collaborative team environment dedicated to sharing information with over 1 million members, associations/boards, NAR staff, non-members, government agencies, scholars/students, consumers, authors and their communities
- Bring strong Library Science/Information Science credentials to the table
- Know how to find and deliver information and use social media to champion the Library & Archives’ value in elevating the success and professionalism of its users.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide in-depth research and quick reference services to members, associations/boards, NAR staff, non-members, government agencies, scholars/students, consumers and authors using print sources, online sources, and/or NAR Archives, utilizing resources of other library systems when needed.
- Maintain relationships with multiple NAR staff groups and teams to act as point person for their research projects.
- Become a "subject matter specialist" in an array of real estate-related and other subjects.
- Collaborate with internal and external subject matter experts to facilitate information between experts and members, boards, staff, etc.
- Develop and implement ways to improve the overall experience of the Library & Archives’ various user groups with its resources and services.
- Champion opportunities to demonstrate the Library & Archives’ value in elevating the success and professionalism of its users.
- Promote resources and services through in-person and virtual training sessions for NAR staff, board staff, and members.
- Identify opportunities for - and participate in - outreach efforts at association meetings, conferences, new member orientations, etc.
- Regularly contribute to Association blogs, email communications, newsletters, and social media channels. Evaluate effectiveness of outreach efforts and adjust strategies accordingly.
- Produce original content on writing assignments (e.g., articles, white papers, blog posts, etc.) and collaborate with other groups on in-depth projects.
- Identify information gaps with member needs in mind. Create content for new Topics, and make recommendations for revising, combining, and curating Topics as needed.
- Update assigned Knowledgebase topics on a regular basis. Update those that come from other divisions as they arrive in the Librarians’ email queue.
- Create video tutorials and other video content for use by the Library & Archives and other purposes.
- Provide related Library and Archives support.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Master’s in Library Science or Information Science required.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in academic, corporate or related library/information services field.
- Exceptional communication skills—verbal, written, and presentation.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments.
- Results-oriented self-starter with high attention to detail, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office—Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with content management systems like Drupal or Wordpress, and knowledge of video editing/production, preferred.
- Ability to think in innovative ways to find solutions to problems.
- Strong customer relations and interpersonal skills with a high level of responsiveness to all inquiries.
- Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities directly pertaining to position.
The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) is a team of professionals dedicated to providing world-class service to over 1 million REALTORS® working in the United States and around the world. The real estate industry is fast-paced and fast-changing--each year, our members participate in the sale, lease, and management of billions of dollars in real estate. As in every industry, our members’ value proposition is constantly being challenged by innovation.
It is our mission to help REALTORS® navigate that change and thrive in their careers. We cannot do that without the ideas, passion, and commitment from our talented employees. As our greatest assets, employees are offered their pick of competitive benefits/perks and flexible work options. Our most successful employees are committed to our Core Values, which are: