|Title:||Director of Engagement, Commercial Real Estate|
|Location:||Chicago, IL, Washington, DC|
|Group:||Member Experience, Engagement, and Legal|
Job Location: This position can be located in either Chicago, IL or Washington, DC
As part of the Member Experience, Engagement, and Legal Affairs group, the Director of Engagement, Commercial Real Estate will be responsible for developing and drafting NAR’s strategy to support and enhance delivery of NAR’s commercial resources for associations through targeted products, tools, and services. This will include conceptualizing and implementing specific outreach opportunities to state and local association staff serving commercial real estate practitioners as well as commercial brokerages. You will also have the opportunity to build awareness of the NAR commercial brand through sponsorship of industry events and publications. The right candidate will be openly collaborative and work across multiple teams to leverage staff expertise in order to position the organization as an indispensable business partner to our commercial real estate practitioner members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a direct conduit to enhancing association services and member satisfaction.
- Proactively encourage the development of new commercial member organizations and foster existing structures of residential boards or separate commercial boards.
- Implement outreach initiatives developed to strengthen associations such as initiating regional seminars, making high-level field visits to conduct presentations, relationship management, consensus building.
- Collaborate on the development of holistic approach to commercial real estate industry engagement.
- Provide subject matter expertise to ensure messaging and collateral is clear and unified, and aligned with overall NAR brand.
- Create and execute strategy to maintain relationships with commercial brokerages companies and industry partners.
- Direct and manage commercial real estate industry trade show sponsorships to promote NAR’s national commercial brand in support of local and state association efforts and offerings.
- Develop and draft strategy for strategic placement of NAR commercial branding in industry publications and other media
- Collaborate with other staff engaged in outreach programs and product development, data collection and technology, and membership development initiatives.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- At least 10 years of related experience in the commercial real estate field or working with commercial real estate practitioners
- Demonstrated ability to develop, adapt, and manage short & long-term plans and strategies to create value
- Exceptional communication skills—verbal, written, and presentation
- Strong customer relations and interpersonal skills with a high level of response to all inquiries
- Ability to travel up to 20% (once business travel resumes)
The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) is a team of professionals dedicated to providing world-class service to over 1.4 million REALTORS® working in the United States and around the world. The real estate industry is fast-paced and fast-changing--each year, our members participate in the sale, lease, and management of billions of dollars in real estate. As in every industry, our members’ value proposition is constantly being challenged by innovation.
It is our mission to help REALTORS® navigate that change and thrive in their careers. We cannot do that without the ideas, passion, and commitment from our talented employees. As our greatest assets, employees are offered their pick of competitive benefits/perks and flexible work options. Our most successful employees are committed to our Core Values, which are:
Advancing Diversity and Inclusion
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: