|Title:||Financial Services Policy Representative|
Reporting to the Director of Federal Banking, Lending & Housing Finance Policy, the Regulatory & Legislative Financial Policy Representative is responsible for directly handling regulatory & legislative affairs related to financial services issues. The main functions consist of writing Testimony and Comment Letters, staffing NAR’s committees, Research and Analysis, Advocacy and Outreach, Internal Policy Development and External Policy Development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writes testimony and regulatory comment letters related to highly complex, sensitive, and vital financial services and banking issues of the highest importance to REALTORS®, including conventional mortgage lending; GSE reform; competition within the real estate industry; intrusion of banks into real estate development, brokerage, and management; the credit crunch.
- Co-staffs NAR's Conventional Finance and Lending Committee, presidential advisory groups, and committee work groups, including the Work Groups.
- Develops a deep, specialized knowledge in financial services issues via publications, media, coalitions, academia, seminars, and other sources. Promotes this expertise within the industry and association. Serves as a spokesperson for NAR on finance and financial services issues affecting the real estate industry.
- Identifies emerging financial services issues that affect the real estate industry by monitoring and analyzing industry trends via publications, media, coalitions, academia, seminars, and other sources. Assesses the effectiveness of current policies relating to these issues as they affect REALTORS® and determines long-term policy positions through research and analysis.
- Conveys policy positions and industry trends to key real estate industry stakeholders, regulatory agency decision makers, and Members of Congress and their staffs by developing and maintaining relationships with key industry and regulatory agencies dealing with financial services issues of interest to NAR and serving as a key NAR contact.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years experience in Financial Services or other regulated industries
- Results oriented with high attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and meet deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment
- Ability to think in innovative ways to find solutions to problem
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office—Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Exceptional communication skills—verbal, written, and presentation
- Strong customer relations and interpersonal skills with a high level of response to all inquiries
The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) is a team of professionals dedicated to providing world-class service to over 1 million REALTORS® working in the United States and around the world. The real estate industry is fast-paced and fast-changing--each year, our members participate in the sale, lease, and management of billions of dollars in real estate. As in every industry, our members’ value proposition is constantly being challenged by innovation.
It is our mission to help REALTORS® navigate that change and thrive in their careers. We cannot do that without the ideas, passion, and commitment from our talented employees. As our greatest assets, employees are offered their pick of competitive benefits/perks and flexible work options. Our most successful employees are committed to:
Helping others to grow and develop