The Financial Affairs and Budget Analyst position in Washington, DC will be responsible for providing daily financial management support in the development of internal management reports and databases, long-term budget development and analysis, and contract administration. The ideal candidate must have a strong familiarity the Generally-Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and accrual accounting principles. An ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office environment across several functional program areas is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as liaison between the Advocacy Group in Washington, DC and the Chicago-based Finance Group;
- Manages daily financial operations including processing invoices, wire transfers & check requests, maintenance of account payable approval workflows, cost center expense coding, responding to payment inquiries, and other accounting responsibilities as needed;
- Distributes monthly financials to program managers and compiles various consolidated variance, usage and forecast reports each month;
- Develops new and maintains existing proprietary financial information reporting tools and information sharing technology for the distribution and compilation of monthly financial data;
- Assists and coaches budget program managers on the best practices in establishing criteria in the development of long-term budgets;
- Creates budget presentation materials and talking points for presentations by the Chief Advocacy Officer at annual budget meetings;
- Maintains a database archive of vendor contracts and related contract reports for the Advocacy Group;
- Continuously monitors compliance with NAR’s internal control policies and US GAAP accrual accounting principles;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting;
- 2-5 years of accounting experience, including a combination of accounts payable processing, financial management, budget analysis, and long-term budget development;
- Advanced technical skills in Microsoft Excel is required (including knowledge of pivot table and VBA programming technology);
- Microsoft Access Database development skills strongly preferred;
- Advanced skills in business writing, English usage, and ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with senior management;
- Must be results-oriented with a high attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and meet deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment;
- Ability to develop approaches to expressing complex financial information and problem-solving;
- Strong customer service skills and eagerness to respond to inquiries quickly and accurately.
The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) is a team of professionals dedicated to providing world-class service to over 1 million REALTORS® working in the United States and around the world. The real estate industry is fast-paced and fast-changing--each year, our members participate in the sale, lease, and management of billions of dollars in real estate. As in every industry, our members’ value proposition is constantly being challenged by innovation.
It is our mission to help REALTORS® navigate that change and thrive in their careers. We cannot do that without the ideas, passion, and commitment from our talented employees. As our greatest assets, employees are offered their pick of competitive benefits/perks and flexible work options. Our most successful employees are committed to:
Helping others to grow and develop